Spectrum buddy box fail

Richie P

I have a spektrum dsm x and a spektrum dsm 2 I am using the dsm x as the master and the dsm 2 as the trainer, the problem I've got is when I hold in the trainer switch on the master transmitter the throttle on the plane goes straight to full throttle and no matter what I've tried I can't resolve this issue, all the other functions work as normal but full throttle remains on, I've tried another dsm2 transmitter and that works fine, I also rang horizon hobbies and they could not answer my problem and referred me to horizon USA which I've not done. Any thoughts, Richie

Advert

Which of the trainer settings in the master tx are you using ?

Have you tried using programmable master / p-link and other variants ?

What happens when the slave is disconnected etc. I would be going right back to nil and starting again IE: start with a new model memory in the master and rebind after trimming etc, get the master working exactly as you want it on the model first.

Then select a fresh model memory in your slave tx, dont apply any trim or reverses etc.

Now select P Link trainer system in the master and check all still responds as before.

Connect your buddy lead ( mono plug each end right ? ) to the slave, switch on your master tx ( NOT the slave ) and see what happens........

Ok Tim I've done what you suggested and the same thing happened straight to full throttle, so I decided to bind the trainer transmitter to the plane and as normal the orange light come on to show the bind ok but I heard nothing from the esc then after about 15seconds we had a few beeps so I took out the bind plug tried my control surfaces all working then when I tried the throttle nothing at all then suddenly the plane went to full throttle and wouldn't cut off, and yes to those reading this there is no propeller fixed to the plane. So I rebound the plane another twice on the same channel and it worked throttle working normal,attached the other transmitter now at slave and that worked ok, I then went back to putting the dx6i dsmx as master so we rebound again attached the other transmitter and all is now working, so I really don't know what's gone on, could the be an esc problem or a software problem in the one transmitter, safety in mind still leaves me with an element of doubt that this could surface at any time and wounded wether to scrap this dsm2 transmitter