Graupner Ecospan

I have recently bought a job-lot of covering material. In amongst the goodies are a number of rolls of Graupner Ecospan. The instructions are in German and a Google search just brought up more German pages.

​It seems quite similar to Litespan with a one direction texture and in the same way it seems to be a lightweight covering.

I have no idea if it needs Balsaloc (I hope not) and before I make a complete pig's ear of things, can anyone help me out please.

Advert

I just did a google search myself and use google translate. (See below)

ECOSPAN white Graupner 6000.80
ECOSPAN
Extremely lightweight synthetic covering material with the characteristic surface of a paper covering. Water and fuel-proof. Before the iron to be covered parts must be brushed with ECOFIX heat seal adhesive. Weight 30 g / m². 50 cm wide, 5 m long, on a roll.
Colour deviations due to printing reserved.

It looks like balsalok is required.

JM

***link*** (Google auto translated it ) says it needs something like Balsaloc... interesting stuff, I've never heard if it before. I like the fact it comes on a roll. I use Polyspan which is like Airspan only plain; that comes folded which can be a pain sometimes.

Hope this helps.

Norm

• 7 years later...
On 26/05/2016 at 11:00, Levanter said:

I have recently bought a job-lot of covering material. In amongst the goodies are a number of rolls of Graupner Ecospan. The instructions are in German and a Google search just brought up more German pages.

It seems quite similar to Litespan with a one direction texture and in the same way it seems to be a lightweight covering.

I have no idea if it needs Balsaloc (I hope not) and before I make a complete pig's ear of things, can anyone help me out please.

Hello! I've located your topic for Ecospan putted long time ago. I'm looking Yellow color of same film, for my model to fix ? In case you may have or know where I can get some? Thank you! Igor.