Sound problem

David Molineux

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help.

My Taranis has stopped producing sound from it's speaker. I get no sounds whatsoever, not even beeps for the trim switches or the welcome message. If I plug headphones in I get all sounds correctly albeit at a low volume. I have volume assigned to rotary S/W S1 and when I turn it I get the correct indications on the display screen. I thought that maybe the speaker itself had died so I have just installed a replacement/upgrade speaker but still nothing. I've pretty much run out of ideas now... any suggestions would be very welcome.

Dave.

Advert

Unfortunately Denis,electronics are no respecters of age and are actually more likely to fail early in their life. While it's worth checking the settings I would have thought the earpiece would be disabled too if it was something in setup.

David, is the unit a) a UK purchase and b) a recent purchase? If so it might be worth talking to the supplier.

Might be worth trying a new model setup without the volume set as a special function? That would confirm that it's not a model specific setting. Incidentally, which display screen is showing either S1 value or volume?  I know I could wander across to my Tx and look for myself but I'm lazy face 1

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 14/06/2016 23:41:22

Cheers for the responses...

I have sound selected to on and all volume settings at max in the radio setup page.

The volume as a special function is something I added to try to fix the problem. The volume display is just on the display, next the current time.

I bought my Taranis from Robotbirds if I remember correctly, about 3 years ago! I had it with me in the middle east last year so it got pretty hot...I wondering if that has killed something inside.

Dave.

Denis may be right. The sound files are all on the SD card in a directory labelled SOUNDS - and maybe a sub-directory for different languages. If the SD card has been removed or got corrupted, you won't get any sound.

Try re-seating the SD card, and maybe examine it with a PC to see if the sound files are there and working.

--

Pete

It was one of the first in the UK so I guess it is an early model. It does have a small board mounted on the main board.

I thought about the SD card but as Mike says, the files are all working with headphones. Having said that, I think I have another card knocking around somewhere so I might try it anyway...

Dave