Chinook rescues Seaking.

Advert

We had a brilliant holiday thanks David, i am missing the weather !!

Wouldn't really fancy being in the Chinook though!

Just need to get out to some fly ins now im back, the camera and new lenses have not been used for any rc pics yet.

Any events coming up?

I would have gone to Cosford but am on call this weekend.

No big deal to a Chinnok. They do that stuff all the time, wrecked helis, broken down helis. In places like Afghanistan and the Falklands, there's no other option. The Merlin has lifted Lynx etc, but the Chinny is the only one that can lift a heli of that size.

I was the crewman for a Gazelle lift in a Puma, now that's marginal! Lifted a few cows too..... and not just in the heli

• 3 weeks later...

Morning Ron. I am the senior rearcrew flying instructor / examiner for all RAF helicopters (all types and roles including search & rescue). Our green helicopters are always being referred to in the press and by the public as "army helicopters" and whilst that's fine if we are doing something wrong, it really grates the crews because the wrong service gets the credit when we do stuff right. The Army Air Corps, known as teeny weeny airways, flys a fleet of small utility and anit-tank helis, (lynx apache and gazelle), whilst the RAF operates and owns all the medium and heavy support helis (chinook, merlin, puma and of course the SAR sea kings). Oh and they are painted in RAF colours, it just happens to be green, and they have Royal Air Force on their sides.

That's all....