DIGIFLEET radio gear

Michael Coff

Hi,

Im looking for some digifleet radio gear for my vintage helicopter to keep in keeping with its retro styling.

Im in desperate need of the following parts....

pcm reciever

Instructions for a MX7 PCM transmitter

Matching digifleet TX & RX crystals

Any help would be so great.

Regards

Mike

Advert

Digifleet PCM has a 1 second failsafe period, which is longish compared to "modern" sets, but you can set a selector switch in the transmitter for "failsafe" or "hold". If you use "hold" the reciever keeps all servos in their last position until a good signal is obtained.

Nicky.

Hi,
I have 2 PCM receivers and quite a few pairs of Xtals. I wrote the software for all 3 Fleet PCM systems, so can hopefully help fill in the blanks if you don't have an MX7 manual.
They were great systems in their day (much better than the Skyleader system, which used a German micro, and had very slow response times by comparison). However, the RF circuitry can drift with age, and I never did know how to retune it! I always use 2.4GHz now of course...

Please pm me if you want more info - [email protected].

I've still got my Omega Tx, the last Fleet design. Alas, I've got rid of all my Fleet Rx's as I've standardised on the Futaba/JR servo plugs, and have kept a couple of Schultz Rx's - not flown on 35 for some time though.

Mark makes a valid point about the tuning, although I think the circuitry is quite stable and the standard range check should show any problems. Of more concern would be the state of the batteries. As well as a battery health check, the wiring and pcb should be checked for signs of corrosion.

Oh and Mark, well done for the excellent job on the software. The Omega uses a simple row of leds to program and display 10 model memories (Futaba had 4 at the time) and was a very cost-effective alternative to an lcd display. I helped Derek to write the manual as I could do it from a user's perspective. I still think the ability to set the failsafe position of all channels while in flight has never been bettered.

Thankyou for all the replies and help from the forum members I've learned a bit more and will now get this older equipment used again... I know we are all keeping up with new technology but some of us wish to restore retro models and use the original radio equipment from that period.
Kind regards to all.

Michael Coff