Ultimate Slope Soarer

An Eagle's flight from the top of the world’s tallest building to his handler below. You can see him looking, looking, looking for the trainer, invisible to a human eye, then fold his/her wings and then drop like a bullet to that trainer... Very cool.

On Saturday, 14th March, an eagle was fitted with a camera . . . And "Eaglecam" and took flight from that building, the Burj Khalifa, in Dubai. Here is the film. The eagle would have no idea where that speck of land was or what it looked like. It actually had to pick out and recognize the trainer.

Here is the short film. Truly amazing !!

if the link works ?

sent from an ex R.A.F buddy.

Edited By Peter Android on 20/07/2016 20:31:08

Advert

simply a bit of light - hearted entertainment in an often doom & gloom world .

, can anyone suggest where this post should have been placed ? I press all the right keys , but not always the right order .

Moons ago in pre PC / Cell phone days ( bliss) , I infrequently and deffo inexpertly - plummeted and prayed kind of , from the end of Filey Brigg , and once observed a gang of resident mafia ( seagulls ) circle around some of the other Guy's Gliders , some of which had been recently built at the Primrose Valley Modelling week which is close by..

They chose to ignore the multi - coloured types , but tore into one Guy who was unfortunate enough to be flying an virtually all - white ship. He did managed to recover his somewhat torn Model though .

The Kite video reminds me of this.

Happy Days , unless you were the owner of the assailed soarer ? who took it in good heart.

I am somewhat amused of those who take life , or themselves too seriously .

Cheers .

Posted by Peter Android on 21/07/2016 11:58:20:

simply a bit of light - hearted entertainment in an often doom & gloom world .

, can anyone suggest where this post should have been placed ? I press all the right keys , but not always the right order .

Moons ago in pre PC / Cell phone days ( bliss) , I infrequently and deffo inexpertly - plummeted and prayed kind of , from the end of Filey Brigg , and once observed a gang of resident mafia ( seagulls ) circle around some of the other Guy's Gliders , some of which had been recently built at the Primrose Valley Modelling week which is close by..

They chose to ignore the multi - coloured types , but tore into one Guy who was unfortunate enough to be flying an virtually all - white ship. He did managed to recover his somewhat torn Model though .

The Kite video reminds me of this.

Happy Days , unless you were the owner of the assailed soarer ? who took it in good heart.

I am somewhat amused of those who take life , or themselves too seriously .

Cheers .

Hi Peter, I totally agree - no offense, it just doesn't float my boat - but I was drawn in by the thread title wink and thanks for sharingyes