Southern Model Show 2016

Took the grandchildren today on a Groupon offer family ticket. Was a good day out and they didn't want to go home. They enjoyed the trucks, tanks, boats, cars etc. I benefitted from the planes. The trade presence OK with Als, Inwood,SLEC, Balsa Cabin, Nexus, Weston, Model Technics etc all there. Stocked up on fuel at good prices and got other essentials. Tricky crosswind for the flyers but TJD, Horizon Hobbies, big Steve made it look much easier than it was. Not too many helis which was OK for me. Others might think differently? Worth going in my opinion.

Advert

I decided to go yesterday and I actually enjoyed it. The weather helped, light winds and no cloud, also very warm.There was some excellent models and some great flying.Not many traders but I think that is the trend now because of the internet. In my opinion the best Headcorn show yet.

Hi All

We went on Saturday with our 2 grandsons who loved it and cost me a fortune , the rain held off and it was a great show but I guess most people went on Sunday for the blue sky's. Nigel & the TJD boys excellent flying as always . It was great to have SLEC there as they don't usually support this show, but I guess it made sense after the nationals being cancelled, only gripe was being charged £1.00 for a A4 flyer with the display times on !! ,having just parted company with £30+ for admission

We all enjoyed the mix of cars, boats & planes

Looking forward to next year already

Ray