Good service from (wait for it)... Hobbyking?!!

I have probably made around 10-12 orders with HK over a ~4 year period, and the two previous encounters I had with their CS department were rather disappointing - both ended ok, but took an awful lot of time and effort to sort. To me it seemed the process was rather designed to put you off raising a claim at all! It was therefore with some trepidation that I realised I had received a Graphene pack with a significant imbalance in my latest order.

Raise it I did though, and after logging the ticket and adding a couple of photos showing the unbalanced pack late last Thursday night I waited with low expectations. I needn't have worried though - I received notification from them that my battery was faulty and they would provide a free replacement around 11am the next day, and a confirmation that it had been sent via Parcelfarce only an hour later! My flabber could literally not have been more gasted. It arrived this morning, meaning the whole process end to end was only 3 business days long.

I had seen reports online in the last year that HK were improving their CS, but have to admit that I was sceptical. I doubt given their low prices and huge volumes that every claim will result in such an excellent and straightforward experience, but credit where credit is due, it does seem like they are making steps in the right direction. Certainly their policy of not requiring faulty battery packs be returned for inspection makes them probably the retailer of choice for Lipos in my eyes.

Edited By MattyB on 05/09/2016 17:58:21

Advert

Matty, I have also had good CS with Hobbyking. I order a T28 Trojan and when it arrived one retract failed to work. I posted a video and a replacement was dispatched the next day arriving within 24 hours. When I came to replace it, the original was found to have a nick in the lead. Soldered it together and has worked faultlessly since. They have certainly improved and their prices are had to beat.

Steve