Advert

BRC was based in Swalwell near Gateshead/Newcastle.....their stock being supplied by Robotbirds. Now the shop has closed, internet buying is redirected to Robotbirds and orders fulfilled that way.

Its a shame the shop closed, was near to my daughter's so great for stocking up when up that way...

Totally agree. Haven't called in there since the recent temporary closure (and change of team?) - haven't been up in that part of the country lately - but whether calling in person, or on the phone, or just ordering direct online they have always been A++ in my experience of quite a few purchases thumbs up thumbs up

Posted by John Rudd on 05/10/2016 15:47:57:

BRC was based in Swalwell near Gateshead/Newcastle.....their stock being supplied by Robotbirds. Now the shop has closed, internet buying is redirected to Robotbirds and orders fulfilled that way.

Its a shame the shop closed, was near to my daughter's so great for stocking up when up that way...

Ah, I now see the shop is indeed closed, looks like for good? - pity

NB though, Joihn, BRC internet orders always went via Robotbirds

Edited By IanN on 05/10/2016 15:54:07

Posted by John Rudd on 05/10/2016 16:17:19:

Ok,

I never had occasion to use their net service, but do recall that some of their net orders were fulfilled from the shop when I visited... Unless what I saw was something other than net orders?

Edited By John Rudd on 05/10/2016 16:18:01

Don't know. Depends when - BRC would have despatched their own orders until they came under the Robertbirds umbrella in autumn 2011

A bit "after the event" and probably redundant info now, I know, but when I first called in there (would be some four years ago or so) the guy told me back then that all BRC mail orders - phone, online, or whatever - were all despatched from Robotbirds. And I also ordered from BRC a couple of times and arranged collection from Robotbirds when I was in their vicinity

Shame the shop's gone - it was a great source of advice and data

I think, iirc, brc was born after the demise of 'electricplanes'..... Based over Cumbria way.....

I do recall a chat with the staff at brc about this on my very first visit and found out about their connection with Robotbirds....with whom I've had great service also....

Agreed, another great loss....have to find somewhere else to spend my pension...laugh