Sp designs, nimble

Hi all, I've just bought a sp designs nimble plane and was wondering if anyone has built one or there is a build blog for one on here? I've had a look around and can't seem to find any info on them?

Only reason I ask as it turned up in the post today and I'm unsure about the kit, personally I feel that parts are missing and kit is not as pictured on eBay. I've emailed the seller and he ensures me that it's all there?

Just thought I'd see if anyone could point me in the right direction please as I like the kit and want to build it!

Thanks Shaun

Advert

Hi Phil, I was bought it for an early Christmas present from my wife from eBay! I've had my eye on it for a while so was looking forward to it arriving! When it did I was quick to notice not all parts are there to complete the build! Missing tail and rear wing and a few other bits! So contacted the seller who said that's it you have to make the rest?! I really like the plane but just disappointed with it really! Some say I should of bought a acro wot!! surprise

Posted by Shaun Robinson 1 on 30/10/2016 18:31:25:

Hi Phil, I was bought it for an early Christmas present from my wife from eBay! I've had my eye on it for a while so was looking forward to it arriving! When it did I was quick to notice not all parts are there to complete the build! Missing tail and rear wing and a few other bits! So contacted the seller who said that's it you have to make the rest?! I really like the plane but just disappointed with it really! Some say I should of bought a acro wot!! surprise

It is marketed as a short kit. Opinions can vary as to what that really means, but at minimum I would expect all the main components to be cut and present present to build the wings fuselage and tail, but no hardware. Some short kits include the strip wood, others don't; in this case there isn't any obvious description of what is in the kit at all. Doesn't give a good impression of the model or the seller.

Frankly for the price they are asking it should be a full kit at least; an Acrowot XL ARTF is only ~£185, and that includes all the hardware. Lots of less risky options out there (be they plan builds, kits or ARTFs); I recommend you go with one of those.

Edited By MattyB on 30/10/2016 19:02:03

Posted by Shaun Robinson 1 on 30/10/2016 18:49:12:

Was you looking a buying one? Was hoping I could find a build blog on the forum but no luck as yet?

looks a little expensive for me but the finished model does look nice. the ebay add I saw says a cd with build photos is included. did you get that?

Phil, yes I did get the cd but not looked at it, I've been more concerned about sourcing the parts to complete the build? As Matty b said acro wot is cheaper and is a far better model so think I will see about sending it back if I can? If not then will have to ask for some help from my friend (you no who you are) yes thanks for your info chaps! Much appreciated yes

Posted by Shaun Robinson 1 on 30/10/2016 19:20:57:

Phil, yes I did get the cd but not looked at it, I've been more concerned about sourcing the parts to complete the build? As Matty b said acro wot is cheaper and is a far better model so think I will see about sending it back if I can? If not then will have to ask for some help from my friend (you no who you are) yes thanks for your info chaps! Much appreciated yes

what ever way you go I wish you luck. I have already started a super sportster 120 that is very similar but building a model takes me years

Thank you Phil I too have other projects on the go at the moment so it's no rush for me just didn't want to leave it too long if it goes back. I think after seeing the acro wot yesterday at my club I will get one. Well best of luck to yourself with your build and will keep an eye out for some pics of your super sportster 120. One thing I've learnt there's no rush! Enjoy yes