Simulator Accesories

Wingnut

Being new the hobby, I have bought a flight simulator package. What I cannot find is a USB cable that will connect into a Futaba 6EXA. The 6EXA has a square connector on the back as opposed to it being circular for which there are many leads to suit this type. I have tried most of the large shops (Slough, Sussex, Steve Webb, Als and Elite) but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Advert

Is this any use to you it shows several usb connectors depending on your tx, the one in the shot is a square Futaba I believe....
http://mftech.de/usb-interface_en.htm
If you take a look around this very informative site you will also find the pinouts for all the buddy box connectors on most brands of Rc equipment.
Good luck

Hi all, I just checked out both the links above as I have a futaba 6exa. The disc in timbo's picture is exactly the same as I received free with a model I bought last year. Its the FMS, which is free to download if you do a search on google. Unfortunately I could only configure the Pitts and the Sukoi. It was so good though that I bought the RC planemaster simulator from Blackburn models. But after trying to install it today in my computer, the computer said no. A message comes up every time saying "16 bit subsystem c:windows\system32\autoexec.nt. the system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications" It runs fine on my neighbours computer, I think I just need to change some setting but I have no idea what....Any computer buffs out there, Im dying to get it going. thanks. Al

What operating system are you running on your pc? I have had Planemaster working on all versions of XP, you sometimes need to ensure you have the latest video driver to avoid the icons displaying incorrectly. The message you are getting seems to be pointing to a corrupt config.nt, autoexec.nt, or command.com

Hi Timbo, There was a lead included and it fitted into the transmitter that was supplied. Unfortunately it only allowed you to set up two aircraft, the others just wouldnt work correctly. Anyway it doesnt matter its gone now. Im a bit miffed about not being able to set up my planemaster though. I was looking foreward to that. Al

I assume you are installing the Cd in your machine and selecting install PlaneMaster??

If you right click on your desktop screen, and select properties. Then select the settings tab. Select Advanced and then the Adaptor tab. This will be your video adaptor. Mine, for example says GeForce4 MX 460. The version of the driver used should also be displayed. There may be a newer one available on the net. Also check that yours supports DirectX8.

You may want to contact RealityCraft tech support for help, as I am not sure I should lead you through the vaguries of re-creating your XP config files, not unless you are confident about backing up your registry and creating restore points.
You may also want to download ADAWARE and SPYBOT on the web, they are freebie virus scanning software, and check that your machine is clean.
Take a look at this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324767

Good luck :)