gws zero

Advert

hi john i had the mustang as a glider /didnt use elec in it, but as a glider i had a lot of fun with her and it flew really well,but i went a bit to far and put her up on a really windy day ?bye bye mustang to the great bin bag in the sky. but had loads of fun with it,

John

The motor is one of the bargain bell motors, bearing the legend Bm2408-21m but had no other gen with it. Bearing in mind that I am getting 7,600 on a 2S pack with a reasonable size prop I would guess (but must stress that it is a guess) that it is in the 1200Kv region. The ESC came as part of the package - again anonymous, but is a 15A unit.

HTH

Mike

I wouldn't call it fast - but brisk enough to look reasonably scale. It will loop, etc. from level flight. I would have preferred to use a 3S set-up, but I couldn't fit the Kokam 1250 3S packs in. A clubmate has the Spitfire, into whihc he can fit the older Kokam 1500 3S and he uses a pretty gentle current draw, so has about 20 minutes of flying time. I had looked to the same sort of performance, but the 910 2S give around 10 minutes.

BTW - these models are often described as park fliers, but I wouldn't fly then in the average park - too fast for that.

HTH

Mike

John,

IMHO, one of the best models and best value, is the latest version of the Phase 3 F16, which comes with a powerful EDF, with brushless motor and ESC already supplied! You just need two micro servos and a 3S (11.1v / 2000mah) lipo battery, your choice of rx and that is it!

It flies brilliantly, looks great and is a steal at about £85 typically.

I have just got one, my son has one and another 4 of us have one each at our club. We are in the process of forming a combat air patrol. They fly fast or slow, have good endurance, are pretty tough and bags of power.

http://www.ripmax.com/item.asp?itemid=A-PH015&selectedtab=010&Category=010

Well, possibly. I always found 35mhz and electrics a bit glitchy.

But that said the guys I fly with are using a JR synth rx, Schulze rx and a JR PCM rx, all 35mhz,  without any trouble. For that matter my son has a JR 35 mhz synth in his Kyosho F16, and that's fine too.