Align 3GX baffling me

scott finnie

Hi again...

I'm really confused about these flybarless systems! I've ordered an Align 3GX for my CopterX kit.

It's meant to have 3 flight modes.
What do they do?
Also do i still need a Gyro as theres lots of varied information on how well it holds the tail.

Should have stuck with flybar though looking for a more scale look now

Thanks in advance

Scott

Advert

I had a 3GX for about 3 hours once upon a time..... baffled me too so I got rid and swapped it for a Vbar, easy peasy. I understand once set up they do work very well however. I just couldn't get mine to play.

I have a couple of Kbar's as well, really cheap, and I cannot tell the difference to the genuine article.

The flight modes let you have 3 setups for the heli you can toggle from the Tx. So you can have the same heli change from smooth and stable to wild and lairy at the flick of a switch.

My story is the same as Richard Wills 2's. I had three, I think, test hops with my 3GX, all of which ended in crashes, before I ditched the 3GX and got a micro BeastX for my T-Rex 550. BeastX setup is simple so long as you go through every step in sequence, with all the adjustments done and stored in the controller, not in your transmitter. I like it so much I got a second one when I converted my T-Rex 500 to fbl and scale fuselage.