Jocasta Plan

My first attempt at building from a free plan. Jocasta Electric.

The fuselage is drawn in two parts on the sheet because of its size. The tail end is shown further down the drawing. How do I build the side frame on the plan?

I cant copy the back end and pin it to the main part as it is larger than A4 ,my printers limit, and I cant cut the sheet as it is printed on both sides. I'm sure there is an easy solution known to experienced builders. Any ideas?

BIG AL

My first attempt at building from a free plan.

Most of the fuselage is shown on the plan, but the tail end is drawn further down the sheet. How do I build the side on the plan. I cant cut the plan as it is printed on both sides.

Advert

Just noticed this enquiry went unanswered- very unusual as we normally try to help newcomers as much as possible.

Alan, there are several ways around this common problem

1. get a copy of the plan done at a Copy shop and cut that up to fit. Not too expensive at a few pounds as it saves your plan from damage. Worthwhile in view of the replacement cost!

2. Cheapest way is to trace the extra part onto tracing paper ( or greaseproof kitchen paper) and attach it to the main part using a straight edge to align.

3. the extra part or even the main fuselage can be copied on an A4 printer by rolling the plan until just the right part fits onto the printer bed, use a white backing sheet and also a heavy book to weight it down. Assemble the multiple A4 copies, pin down and when aligned with a straight edge Sellotape together.

4. Many of us use a dead flat bit of plasterboard as a building board - it is possible to redraw the plan direct onto plasterboard. Perhaps draw just the main pieces only.

Many ways around the problem so just choose the method that suits you best.

Any other problems just ask again and someone here will try to answer -on the same day probably.

Edited By kc on 23/01/2017 10:59:43

• 6 months later...

Having had some health issues during my build I came back to find my fuselage had warped or not been built properly. so the tail feathers would be about 2-3 degrees out of true with the wings. A lot of sanding would correct but I feel this would leave a twist in the fuselage. Not good. so being quick on the uptake ( who knows) I thought get a new plan as mine is no longer usable so I went to the traplet site and I'm sure you know the rest.. Please oh please, where can I get a new plan? Help please.

I have used the jigsaw method with three or more a4 copies joined together but that is not always totally successful. I don't have that plan before me but anothe thing I have done was to join the plan to a large sheet of paper and produce the lines measuring the position of bulkheads etc. Usually it as simple as that until you get to the fin and tail plane area