Time for a New Fuel.....

Advert

Posted by Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 30/01/2017 22:29:27:

Nope, no Lasers in the fleet Jon.....one day maybe....wink 2

I don't want to put words in your mouth but as I understand it the reason you don't recommend Weston fuels is because you don't know what's in them.....which is fair enough....thumbs up

ehhh partly.. I don't want to get drawn into it if I'm honest.

We don't recommend it so I'm leaving it at that.

Posted by Jon Harper - Laser Engines on 30/01/2017 08:42:43:

The optifuel is not bad, but 18% oil? and with 12% nitro? bleh, so much mess

You are right, with a 2 stroke it's really messy, I mean needs wiping down every other flight on the WOT4 tbh though the oil is not sticky so just comes off. Not so much mess on a 4 stroke if you angle the can away, in fact on my Mustang sometimes no cleaning required. Makes a nice smog that covers the field in a heli as well.

Used to run 5% in planes and 20% in the heli, but couldn't be bothered carrying 2 lots of fuel everywhere.

"Delivery, no problem. So I'm in the thumbs up for Weston crowd now."

Delivery also no problem for other shops-

modelshopleeds (£9 post) and elite models (£5 post IIRC) will send model technics by courier

http://modelshopleeds.co.uk/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=63&sort=4a&filter_id=642

https://www.elitemodelsonline.co.uk/More/Tools-Materials-Fuels/Fuel

Fastlad have optifuel, £6 delivery.

I'm sure there are more.

I've ran loads of different fuel from model technics right now I'm trying 16% nitro quickfire works great in 4c engines and most of my 2 strokes the idle and power coming off idle is great but I don't really intend on using it all the time. I talked to the guy at weston uk on the phone he told me he had engines running on his special oil with 6% oil. But when it comes out the exhaust it eats plastic, wood, paint and foam. I'm gonna try it on an old engine. So if you run that with 2% nitro then you will have 92% fuel in the tank. Worth a try on an old engine. Sure he said 6% phone him up and ask he seems like a nice guy he is an engine designer after all.