Crashed an IC model today.

bouncebounce crunch

Crashed my first model in many years today. took off, banked to the right while gaining height, banked left to enter a return run down the strip, she throttled back on her own, then throttled up and flicked over into a crunching dive from about 100feet.

I laughed and cheered as this model gave me every cent that i paid for her, sure it isn't great fun to lose a model, but as we know the full size crash at times so too our scaled down versions.

I won't dwell on what went wrong as it happened very quickly, she never felt a thing.

Advert

Posted by bouncebounce crunch on 30/01/2017 02:40:54:

Crashed my first model in many years today. took off, banked to the right while gaining height, banked left to enter a return run down the strip, she throttled back on her own, then throttled up and flicked over into a crunching dive from about 100feet.

I laughed and cheered as this model gave me every cent that i paid for her, sure it isn't great fun to lose a model, but as we know the full size crash at times so too our scaled down versions.

I won't dwell on what went wrong as it happened very quickly, she never felt a thing.

OK, but if you don't try and understand what caused it how can you be confident it won't happen again on the next model you fly? It could be a TX issue after all... At least check the state of the power supply in the wrecked model to see if that was the issue; in my experience power supply failure is the most likely root cause of non-pilot induced crashes.