April issue

Maurice Harvey

Just received my April mag. Getting to Europe takes some time but well worth the wait. For me the best read was Chris Golds flap write-up, very informative. We, or at least I , need more articles like this from Chris!

Ripmax seemed a bit over- exposed this month, even if they did pay for three pages of ads.

On my second reading of the mag. the cover came off. It happens every time. Please could you ask the printers to use larger staples.

Advert

Posted by Maurice Harvey on 04/04/2017 21:53:39:

On my second reading of the mag. the cover came off. It happens every time. Please could you ask the printers to use larger staples.

I have never EVER had a cover (or any other part) come off, and mine are posted on subs, though poss not as long a journey. You are aware that the magazine itself does not fly, so maybe stop trying to hand launch it??

Maurice,

I am also baffled by your problems with the covers of RCM&E. I have six years of them, which have been read and re-read, had sections torn out of them, and have been used as weights for building models. Some of the covers are very battered, and have collected glue splotches etc, but they are still attached to the magazines just about as well as the day I bought them!

Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 07/04/2017 00:16:22:
Posted by Andy R. on 06/04/2017 23:16:01:

My problem is with the price going up, not the staples!

yes

Yes, spotted RCM&E in WHS - all neatly sealed in plastic so I couldn't scan through the Old Warden article wink.............£5.25 is quite a hike. Not so bad if you subscribe, I suppose.

RCM&E is the best value rc magazine Available in Australia. A pullout plan, plenty of advice and techniques along with great photos of some very good models that are far from the ARF scene. purchase one or two OZ publishing's and you will understand what I mean.

I know we are a very small market down here and the costs to make anything including dinner send accountants to the bottle. but we down here in Oz just do not produce a magazine of the same Quality. Long live RCM&E

I echo your sentiments BBC.

I subscribe to make sure I don't miss a copy. My only complaint is that I only just got my March edition a week ago and the UK is already reading Aprils. Not an RCM&E problem I know. Post between Australia and the U.K. Has always been slow.

Keep up the good work guys.

TP

Posted by Tipsy Pilot on 07/04/2017 11:59:24:

I echo your sentiments BBC.

I subscribe to make sure I don't miss a copy. My only complaint is that I only just got my March edition a week ago and the UK is already reading Aprils. Not an RCM&E problem I know. Post between Australia and the U.K. Has always been slow.

TP

Still using sailing ships from 1788

Posted by Tipsy Pilot on 07/04/2017 11:59:24:

.......and the UK is already reading Aprils. Not an RCM&E problem I know. Post between Australia and the U.K. Has always been slow.

TP

Never mind April, I'm expecting May to pop through the letterbox any day now devil

Regarding the recent price increase I took a random copy from my pile, (Oct 2012) and counted the pages of advertisements including the classified which amounted to 42. Done the same to the April issue, 24. We have lost only 8 pages so you could say value for money is still there. One thing that came to notice is now ARTF aircraft are in the £300+ bracket, apart from the Wots, and need 20-30cc engines, high power HV servos etc. The old club 46 seems dead and buried.

Posted by Maurice Harvey on 09/04/2017 22:23:09:

Regarding the recent price increase I took a random copy from my pile, (Oct 2012) and counted the pages of advertisements including the classified which amounted to 42. Done the same to the April issue, 24. We have lost only 8 pages so you could say value for money is still there. One thing that came to notice is now ARTF aircraft are in the £300+ bracket, apart from the Wots, and need 20-30cc engines, high power HV servos etc. The old club 46 seems dead and buried.

and I keep hearing petrol's are much cheaper to run than glow