A Tiger's tale

Advert

Simply gorgeous, Mike!  Your first picture could have been taken on any late 1930s airfield.

I've got the Gordon Whitehead plan - but not the courage to have a go.

And the cockpit details are just superb - very realistic and evocative.  It makes you just want to strap yourself in and shout "CONTACT!" as some "erk" swings the prop for you.

Seconded re the wooden prop.  Mag switches would just add the final touch to the cockpit coamings (sp?) too.  They're so prominent on a Tiger.

Congratulations.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent Tiger!  For those who don't want to spend so much, I built a DB kit 1/6 Tiger with a Vortex 42/50/750, 4S lipo of 6400 mah. The kit is superb, but you have to make removable cockpits to load battery.  Some nose weight needed. Goes in hatchback all rigged, and flies really well - 10 mins. flying time.  Incidentally, you can get corrugated plastic card from Squires tools and materials, which is perfect for the tank.  My inst. panels were downloaded from net.  Mine is G-AHUV, which I soloed in 1953!   All my 1/6 fleet (Tiger, Chipmunk, Falke) are electric, as I had memories of trying to start diesels in the early 50's!    Have not learned how to post pics. yet!  Murray.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Mike

Having done a bit of my gliding instructor training in a Tiger (not ACDC) I can confirm that given half a chance they do spin well and of course ACDC does not have the anti spin strakes either! Remember the Tiger was considered one of the best trainers in the world not because it was docile and forgiving but because it could and would do "exactly what it said on the tin". Cross the controls at slow speed and it spins, correct recovery and it stops, but keep awake or you'll start spinning the other way!

Well done - a beautiful model