Easystar II help please

Phil 9

here is a bit of a challenge for you

I want to buy an easy star for my some and I thought the RR version would be a quick fix. However the price difference from the kit seems very high for just a couple of servos and esc/motor with a prop

Can you help me and find a cheaper alternative.

As always there is a catch. I was hoping to have it ready for next weekend so ordering low cost parts from china is out

Advert

Bruce Simson of 'RC model reviews' seems to speak highly of these. Comes complete apart from TX and LiPo and in stock on the HobbyKing UK site. If you order on Monday you will get it before the end of the week. MPX products are always well sorted from my experience. As ever, you pays your money and takes your choice!

Another question is will your son want to fly it in two or three years time or will he have moved on to something he will find more challenging. Trainers, especially EPO foam ones, can look pretty battered after a while and lose their appeal. Perhaps, save your money for model No.2?

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 09/04/2017 09:47:23

one big advantage of the MPX easy star II is the fact that you can pack it away into the box it comes in making it highly transportable and will protect it in storage. I tend to agree with Percy and think my best option is to bite the bullet and pay the extra.

The power sets for MPX models are invariably poor VFM. Yes they are reliable but you can get a similar spec set with equal quality at half the price, the same applies to MPX servos.
The old adage that "you get what you pay ..." for is absolute nonsense.

I agree entirely Percy, having had several MPX models over the years, hence my comment 'you pays your money ...etc'. Phil was balking at the cost of the MPX RR version and was looking for a cheaper alternative in his OP.

I must say that I have had several 'cheapies' from HK, a Me163 on special for £37. I didn't expect it to last long but have been surprised that the motor and ESC are still going strong even if the airframe is now looking a little battered, but still flying!

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 09/04/2017 11:30:46

Posted by Piers Bowlan on 09/04/2017 11:29:40:

I agree entirely Percy, having had several MPX models over the years, hence my comment 'you pays your money ...etc'. Phil was balking at the cost of the MPX RR version and was looking for a cheaper alternative in his OP.

I must say that I have had several 'cheapies' from HK, a Me163 on special for £37. I didn't expect it to last long but have been surprised that the motor and ESC are still going strong even if the airframe is now looking a little battered, but still flying!

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 09/04/2017 11:30:46

well my original thought was to buy a multiplex kit but after market servos ect to try and get better value for money. I am sure I could save money at the expense of time and a bit of fiddling. But having spotted the shark at Leeds model centre for just over £80 RR I am very temped just to go for that and it will give me a good chance of having it in the air for the Easter weekend

Posted by Percy Verance on 09/04/2017 13:56:31:

Let us know how it goes Phil.........

Well I have been looking into the shark. It may not be as forgiving or as slow as the easy star but I think the smaller size may make it more handy for me. batteries are smaller also. I have a number of 3s 2200 batteries but these maybe too large but I do have 3 nano tech 850 mah in the shed that should suite the shark. so I am going to put an order in for a shark. the fact I can pack it into its own box will make it good for family trips and that is a big advantage for me over something like a bixler or axn floater