Range check and signal loss

There is always a danger that when figures are quoted. As far as height above the ground is concerned I always range test on the ground. It is the extreme condition if it passes that all well and good. If not well then investigate. What do your other models do? What do other peoples models do? I also believe it is unlikely that a model that passes at 25 metres might fail at 30. And as for the business of our ample guts getting in the way? How many people range tests facing away from the model sure some of the power might be wasted warming your paunch but in my book that is excuse 38 in the Ostrich school of range checking. I really believe that not enough people are doing enough range checking to get the feel of the process and get an understanding of their gear

Advert

Not very scientific but while I was running in a new asp engine I decided to do a range test (got a bit bored) it was a spektrum dx8 ar8000 receiver. On the reduced power at 30 meters/paces facing the model everything was fine, put the tx behind me so I was between tx and model and no response from the model. Switched the full power still me between tx and model everything works fine. At reduced power and tx pointing at the model I got to 50 meters/paces before response was intermittent. The model was sitting on its wheels in the middle of an open field, I am comfortable that everything is ok for this model and at the end of the day that may be what counts.

Paul 👍