Frsky/Taranis

Martian

Advert

I'm building a TN Mosquito electric, it's an ambitious idea for the future ,in order to demonstrate the power and stability of the real Mosquito they would demo a fly past and climb out on one engine I wondered whether it would be poss to do this on a model

Yes absolutely Martian, just pick the two channels that you want to use for the two throttles.

On the input page set up a single input from the throttle stick.
On the mixers page set up a mix from the throttle input to each throttle channel.

That has them both working as throttles.

Next, you need to decide exactly what you want to do for your one engine demo.

Maybe you want a switch that leaves THR Ch1 alone but overrides THR Ch2 with a pre set value, say a tickover or a complete stop?
To do this you'd add a second line to one of the mix page lines using override.

You could even have a 3 way switch that leaves both motors running in the centre and disables one when switched up or the other when switched down.

If it was me, I'd probably also assign a knob to set the tickover level.

I have a Blackhorse Mosquito, which was difficult to steer on the ground (grass). I've set up differential throttle control by mixing rudder control with the two throttle outputs. With that, it will now turn while keeping one wheel stationary. I have this as an option enabled by a switch.

Mike.