9XR Timer programming.

David Hall 9

Hi, I have a Turnigy 9XR Pro which I am using for my Egliders. I can set an an-board timer to start when the throttle is moved above 5% to begin my 10min countdown, but when the throttle is returned to below 5% throttle OFF, the timer stops also.

As I want to shut off the throttle at the start of the thermal flight and to time the remainder of the 10min slot, I want it to continue timing.

How can I set this up?

The firmware is 204.  

Edited By David Hall 9 on 07/06/2017 14:20:55

Set up a logical switch:

SW3: v>val THR -98

then set Trigger to ON and TriggerB to SW3m

The timer will start when you advance the throttle, but will continue running when you bring the throttle off. Advancing the throttle again will then stop the timer (SW3m toggles the timer state whenever it becomes ON).

Revision 204 firmware (which I think the Tx came with) is around 3 years old. You might consider updating to the latest (220). See here: **LINK** for a summary of the changes.

Mike.

Well try my suggestion. I tested it before I posted it, although I do have the latest firmware running (test version of r221!).
If that doesn't work, come back and I'll offer some more suggestions (I may need to load r204 to test them!).

Do you have eepskye loaded on you computer so you can easily read/wirte the EEPROM and update the firmware?

Mike (Developer of ersky9x firmware).

Edited By Mike Blandford on 07/06/2017 18:41:01

Thanks Mike! I love the flexibility of this kit.... it just takes a little effort (and help) to learn to set it up..

I can't get that exact term (v>val) on mine. But before I go too far (and also thanking you for the changes list given to the firmware upgrade), perhaps I should start by upgrading the firmware. I don't usually care about the "latest" thing if the old one does the job (I'm an old one too), but it must be an advantage, if only when asking for help in this way. Can you point to a resource that might help me learn how to download the latest FW and then load it to the TX?

Dave.