Consumer vs Retailer vs Horizon

ChrisB

Thanks chaps. I've advised my mate of what I would do and of his consumer rights. As a relative beginner he was seeking advice from me and I thought I was doing right by recommending this particular retailer, as they have always seemed very responsible and fair to me.Clearly not!

Cheers

CB

Advert

Horizon Hobby Update, I received this information from one of my favorite dealers. Information that many of us are, already aware of:

Horizon Hobby closed their UK office on 31/3/17, other European offices were closed before this date. Servicing and sales are now direct from Germany, (bad news). We can, of course, order directly from HH in Germany or from a handful of UK stockists, could this be a way of controlling prices? That is probably why stocks of Spektrum products in many of our favorite model shops are now depleted. As a retailer myself, not in model equipment, I no how frustrating it can be dealing with poor service from suppliers. It is always a good idea to let the customer know what the problem is, possibly offer a refund, and stop dealing with the offending supplier.

I have been using Spektrum RC for a number years after changing from Futaba. Maybe it is now time to go back to Futaba when an upgrade is required.

DW

HH in the USA appear to have their act together if their website is anything to go by. Clear instructions regarding product support and how to return items for service are all there.

Let's face it, the US market is huge, both economically and geographically, so if they can do it, what's the matter with the European side of the business?

HH have made an almighty Horlicks of their transition to Germany, but it is probably too early to judge whether it can be considered a failure or not - once they get through the huge backlog of service items they have accumulated it may be that they can deliver a reasonable service with only slightly longer turnaround times. However, by that stage the damage to their brands in the UK may be considerable, especially given they have also dramatically reduced the number of LMS stockists. It seems like they are fairly determined to take a position of substantial strength and throw it away with gunshots to both feet!

Edited By MattyB on 13/06/2017 10:12:24

Hi All.

To the best of my knowledge, these are the small number of UK. HH. dealers. None of my personal favorites are here and some that I have never heard of. Looks like a 'closed shop' wink for other UK dealers.

Fast Lads Performance Ltd, Wheelspin Models, Kings Lynn Model Shop, Apex Models Ltd, TJD Models Ltd,

Slough Radio Control Models, Blade Hobbies Ltd, Midland Helicopters Ltd, Penn Models Ltd,

Model & Hobby World (Skerton), Freeprawn Racing Co. Ltd, The Modelshop (Leeds), Als Hobbies,

Gliders & Racing Models Ltd, Western Valley Models, Nexus Modelling Supplies, Pegasus Models Ltd.,

Geedee Models Ltd, M.B. Models, Totem Hobbies, Wireless Madness Ltd, Rother Valley Optics Ltd,

R & K Enterprise Ltd, DMS Racing, Motion Impossible Ltd.

Make of this what you will..

Happy landings.

DW