DXe updated software

Brian Dorricott 1

I have a DXe tx which I updated the software from 1.3 to 1.6 as stated on Spektrum website. Since that the trims don't work as they used to , instead of a beep straight away they only beep after a few seconds of holding the trim button , very slow to set a trim. I am a newbie and use it for wireless buddy box to my DX6e so it's not the end of the world but if I have to change the trim the model will have crashed by then. Anyone else seen this ? I appreciate that not many people use them but it just annoying to have to land to change trim !

I have a recently-purchased DXe and it came with v1.3 software. On the website v1.6 (22 August 2016) was listed, but warned that it was NOT compatible with the PC Programmer at this time; the settings could only be configured with Android and IOS mobile applications . It also warned that "Note: DO NOT REVERT TO VERSION 1,3 AFTER THIS UPDATE TO 1.6". Aas I don't have a useable smartphone (old one, not enough memory, like myself) I left mine at v1.3.

Have you set up the DXe with a PC or a smartphone? If a PC, could this mismatch of versions be the problem?

Had a good look around the iPhone app but there is nothing about trims there , in retrospect I would not have updated it and left it at 1.3 but it's done now. I got my ePioneer trimmed on the DXe finally so that when you press the trainer sw there is no change of trim on the model so I will quit while ahead.

Spektrum are a bit naff with the DXe I tried to send a email to error report address in app and it bounced back ! Don't think they have done their homework on this really and just left it hanging - unfortunately it gives the spektrum bashers more ammo. Otherwise it would have been a nice simple 7/9 channel tx but I suspect it's real purpose was as a RTF tx. Thanks for reply guys anyway.