Dynam Waco motor

Phil Harman

Hi Guys. I have just recently purchased a Dynam Waco. It flies really well. Only thing is when I blip the throttle closed to open quickly something strange happens to the motor. It start sort of oscillating and making a funny noise. When I close it down and open up again its okay. It was making the same noise sometimes when I first throttle up and I thought at first that it was maybe that the prop wasn't tight enough, so I put a star washer behind the prop to act as a driver. This didn't solve the problem though and as I have put a couple of washers under the top of the engine mount in order to increase the down thrust. Just wondering if this is a well known problem with Dynam motors or if something has got into the motor possibly when I installed the washers to increase the down thrust?

Advert

Hey Denis are you referring to the ESC, as the instructions don't appear to mention anything about setting up the motor. Anyway, according to the manual the model has been tested and checked by "experienced Pilots". If this the case its the first foamie that I have had where it has been required to do so. I must admit I haven't had to program a ESC yet but I suppose theres always a first time!