By-passing alarms on Spektrum Tx's

Well I've just had an interesting hour setting up the 'throttle on alarms' on my Spektrum Black 9, something I have done many times I may add. I was programming for a new electric powered model, and somehow in my 'infinite wisdom' in the 'warnings' program screen I had reset the 'throttle' warning 'value' wrong, .... or made some erroneous input, .... still not sure what I did wrong. So then when I switched the Tx off and back on again with a little throttle left on, the alarm and vibration came on as expected warning me that the throttle stick wasn't down at off position and was open, but then when I moved the stick to close the throttle .... yes the alarm stayed on ! No amount of throttle stick twiddling switch flicking or throttle trim adjustment would cancel the alarm. Every time I switched the Tx off and back on again the alarm came on, and stayed on with the warning on the screen, vibrating across my bench top, and wouldn't allow me to get past the 'warning' screen to cancel it out. Well as they say 'to cut a long story short' after searching on Google for a solution, on an RC forum someone else had the same problem, he phoned HH and they told him to hold the scroll roller button down while switching the Tx on and this will allow you to by-pass any 'alarm screens' and get back into the program screen to cancel out any input errors or delete the model and start again. I tried it and it works ! Some may already know this, but just thought it was worth a mention if it happens to you. Now it's back into my work shop to try again !smile p

Edited By Ronaldo on 06/07/2017 21:08:13

Advert

Very strange, worked for me, but I also found that if I kept the scroll roller pressed for too long the screen came back on as normal then a couple of seconds later it went back onto the warnings screen, so then I switched off and back on again and as soon as the screen came back on as normal I released the scroll roller and the screen stayed on, allowing me to get into the programming to change the warnings settings. Did we have the same problem I wonder, or are you still able to get into the system setup and programming setups after you switch on the Tx ? My problem was that every time as soon as I switched on my Tx it went immediately on to the warnings display screen, sounding the alarm and vibrating, and would not let me into any other screen display to change models or any other program settings to cancel the alarm no matter what sticks or switches I moved, the alarm would stay on until I switched the Tx off, and the alarm would come back on as soon as I switched it back on again, making my Tx useless .