Flair Fokker DVII downthrust

Looking at a split fuselage for ease of transport / assembly. The images show my proposed method which is similar to my Puppeteer, just slightly beefed-up to allow for the increased vibration. Assembly involves connecting the two servo leads and inserting a screw from the underside of the fuselage. If the tounge joint is made with a close tapered fit then the lower assembly screw should tighten the assembly when screwed in.

split fuselage arrangement-1.jpg

split fuselage arrangement-2.jpgAlso considering replacing the beech engine bearers with glass reinforced nylon if I can find anyone who supplies 1/2 x 5/8 section, or something that could be machined down to that size.

• 3 months later...
Advert

• 1 month later...

Finally the airframe and now need to fit the cabane struts / upper wing. I see that 2 of the struts fit through the plastic side cheeks which are glued on after covering. As these are hollow and fairly fragile I fail to see how this is achieved other than fitting hardwood blocks to fit inside the cheeks.

Any help appreciated.

i filled the cheeks with expanding foam to make them more durable without adding much weight. I’ve removed the cheeks where the cabane struts fix to the liteply fuselage sides. On the full size it looks like the struts were welded to the frame and the engine covers trimmed to clear anyway.

• 4 months later...

Just bought an "unstarted" Flair kit for this Fokker D7. It appears complete and I have all the plans sheets 1 to 5 of 5 but no written instructions. I know Flair kits usually have comprehensive written instructions.

Can any of you chaps help me with scans of the instruction sheets please?

I've Googled plenty and can find the Flair instructions for everything except this plane.

Fingers crossed !