Repotage of Westland Lysander

Peter Hogstrom

Hello Gentlemen.

Hope I am in the right forum. I have question .

In one issue of RCM&E was a repotage of the Lizzie.The Westland Lysander.

I have lost my copy and forgot wich numder is was. Can anyone help me locate so I can try buy an copy please?

I have a Seagull Westland Lysander that i would lite to make the cockpit little more scale. I would be a great help if i have a copy of this magazine.

Hope someone can help me.

Peter H , Sweden

Hi Peter, Lots of people like the Lysander, and there have been a lot of models and articles, even going back to the early WWII years.

I have several of these, and IMO the best is in Aeromodeller, December 1967.

If no-one comes up with anything better, I'll try to scan it (not easy as it's in a bound volume).

During World War 2 my parents moved from Waddon near Croydon Airport to avoid being bombed. They moved to a road in Thornton Heath not realising that there was an aircraft factory at the top of the road called Redwings where they repaired 1,500 Lysanders up to the end of the war. Only one V1 bomb landed near the factory and demolished some large houses nearby killing two elderly women.

In the 1930's for a brief period Redwings owned Gatwick Airport where they taught their apprentices to fly in a biplane called the Robinson Redwing.

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 29/08/2017 23:16:55

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your answer gentlemen. Sorry for later respons. I had a computor crach.. To be more exact.The lightning killed it.. Had a terrible thunderstorm in my home town.

Thanks Cliff for the link. You had better luck to find goot photos than I had. there was some photos there in the link that I really liked . was photografed from the right angle I was looking for.

Thanks agan you all.

Peter