Public slope/cliff near Boston?

I'm at a meeting in Boston on Thursday and it would be a shame to be so close to the coast and not try to find a soaring site!

Am I asking too much for a hill in Lincolnshire, moreover, the weather is showing wind is 15kph SW, which I imagine is the worst direction possible for that side of the country.

Nonetheless, is there even the smidge of a possibility of getting a flight somewhere nearby, or, between their and Leicester on Thursday afternoon?

Advert

My wife comes from Swineshead just outside Boston. Her parent's address was on Tarry Hill but you'd need a theodolyte to measure the gradient

There are some stonking hills in Lincolnshire but not so many round Boston. It wasn't called Holland for nothing before 1965.

Geoff

Edited By Geoff Sleath on 09/10/2017 21:13:29

Thanks guys,

That's what I thought. The only place would be Hunstanton, there's parking right at the top of the cliff and the wind would be in the right direction, but alas, it's an hour in the wrong direction for me rally.

Next nearest on that site the Burrough Hill which is my local.

Thanks guys,

That's what I thought. The only place would be Hunstanton, there's parking right at the top of the cliff and the wind would be in the right direction, but alas, it's an hour in the wrong direction for me rally.

Next nearest on that site the Burrough Hill which is my local.

Depends on what you have!

Having flown low shingle beach shelves (as an example Bracklesham Bay once for over an hour on a breeze so light I was getting people passing asking what on earth was keeping it up!!) and even a lorry container with my Mk 1 Alula, anything is possible with the right equipment and a little lateral thinking.