Lemon Stabiliser (v4) and DX7 (2nd gen.)

Roger Williams

Anyone tried connecting the Lemon Stabiliser and programming flaps?

I'm trying to program flaps on my FunCub when using Dual Ailerons (needs differential). I'm trying to use Aux2 for the flaps. Aircraft Type = dual ailerons allows the Gear channel to operate the Stabiliser (Green LED only), but provides no flap function. But when I select Aircraft type = Dual aileron + one flap to give flap function, the Gear channel refuses to switch the stabiliser! I might add that I need the BEC plugged into the Gear channel as this is the only empty socket.. I guess I may need to reassign channels somehow but I'm on the limit of my programming ability here!

Anyone any ideas please, I'm struggling?

Cheers, RogerW

Advert

This depends on you dropping one of the choices you made

2 channels on aileron, a cub needs just one

And the gyro on/off on AUX

If you want to leave flaps free to work, these are not on a stabilised channel

- True diversity dual antennas with independent processor for monitoring singal on both antennas
- Antennas extended for carbon fuselage / metalic structure installation
- 7-Channel receiver when stabilizer is disabled. (AUX2 located at bind position)
- Supports Flaperon by switching J6 to on position while setting the Spektrum transmitter wing type as Flaperon
- Gear channel for remote stabilizer on/off
- Remote master gain on-the-fly adjustment on AUX3.

Using the stabilizer as 7-Channel Receiver
- Turn off J1 to J6
- Follows normal binding procedure by inserting bind plug to the bind location and enable binding on transmitter
- Bind location will become the 7th channel. Use ESC with BEC on throttle channel for supplying power to servo

Edited By Denis Watkins on 05/11/2017 20:07:22

Hi Guys, thanks for the comments.

The transmitter and receiver type are in the title.

I want to check out the Lemon Stabiliser because the FunCub is stable so that I can learn how it may work with unstable planes.

Being a high wing aircraft I believe the Cub will benefit from aileron differential as per the build instructions.

I am trying to program dual aileron and separate flaps with a four servo wing.

The Ailerons are on AIL and AUX1, the Flaps (on a Y lead) are on AUX2, the Gear channel has the BEC connected (power only). I'm using a BEC because I have experienced brown-outs at our field with four servo models and this one has six servos.

According to the Lemon instructions on RC Groups this should be possible, but the Spektrum DX7 doesn't seem to want to play ball and offer me Flap settings with the Flaps on AUX2. The Stabilizer also cannot be switched in this configuration.

I may have to revert to a Y-lead on the Ailerons in order to get flaps (on AUX1) AND control the Stabiliser ON/OFF with the Gear channel, but I just wanted to check if others had been this way before and solved the problem.

Thanks for your comments anyway.