Video camera in Morrisons

Morning gents, just got back from the weekly shop and Morrisons (other supermarket chains are available!!) had a small HD video camera on offer. 30 English Pounds buys you a 60x40x25 camera that shoots HD vid in several formats with slo mo, time lapse, etc., stills up to 16mp with interval options etc., wifi to Smartphones, iPads etc., 3 hr battery life. 8 gig mini sd card, waterproof case, couple of mounts, straps and usb charge/data lead included. It has a 40x30 lcd screen and weighs 57g. Seems pretty decent quality and I have to say I'm impressed for 30 quid. Obviously haven't had chance to stick it on an aeroplane and try it yet but will report back when I have. I don't suppose it will be available for long but I would say it's worth a punt

David

Edited By David Holland 2 on 30/11/2017 12:27:18

Advert

Hi,

I bought one the other day from Morrison ( Discovery Action Camera Ultra HD/ 4K/ WIFI ).

The market seems to be a flood with look a like GoPro Action cameras .

I bought one from BM for £25 1080p and it is crap came with a load of extra accessories .

So i was sceptical when the one in Morrison states it`s 4K.

It`s NOT it is 2.7K doubled or if you read the small print it is ( interpolated ) but as i only wanted a good 1080p action camera i took my chances and bought it.

And so far it seems to be ok at 1080p 30 fps as i have tested it as a dash Cam .

I have yet to test it for the purpose which i bought it for , I like the fact that i can connect to it via my phone so that i can check it is looking in the right direction when it is on my cap.

This is a picture taken by the camera indoors low light and then the picture has been resized.

resized.jpg

One word of warning wait until the blue light has stopped flashing before you press any buttons as that means it is saving . i have had to re format two SD cards due to the slow saving .

The pictures and videos are much better outside in bright light.

Steve

Hi ,

I had two things to test today One was my Sipa as i had a bad servo that would not Centre correctly.

So i had fitted two new 9g servos. And this 4K camera so i decided to combine the two.

It was a cloudy day and i took the video in 2.7k but had to reduce that to 1080p as it would not play at the right speed on my computer.

So here it is make up youre own minds for a £40 Action camera.

Steve

Hi,

I did a recording at 2.7k but as my video editing software would not work on anything above 1080p i up loaded it straight to YouTube in the hope to post again for you all to see.

Although it played on my computer at about half normal speed my video player reported that the video is 2688x1520.

after uploading it onto YouTube. YouTube says that it is 1440p and as it was over 8 minuets long i decided to trim it using YouTube studio.

But now is at 1080p after YouTube edit.

Confused.

Steve