A Peter Miller fan in USA

Greetings fellow Peter Miller plan builders,

I’ve been a silent observer (stalker?) on this site for a couple years now but thought it’s time to say hello and thanks to Peter Miller for his design work and inspiration. I posted a thread about my Grumpy Tigercub (GTC) on the 2018 Mass Build Thread so sorry if I’m being a little redundant here. First I would just like to say thanks to Peter who’s designs and building methods have inspired me to take on my first plan built models. Having only been in the hobby for 4 years I have found your build articles, postings here, and your books to be both informative and concise. Some of you might find it amusing that being in the hobby for a relatively short length of time that I would choose the GTC as my first plan build. I had flown some aerobatic sport planes before launching into the GTC but none with tapered wings or twin powered. It’s been great fun learning and my PM planes get a lot of notice at the flying fields here. Similarly, the PM planes many of you have built and posted pictures of are also inspiring. I really enjoy your creative color schemes, modifications, scaled up versions etc. I’m currently making the kit for a Cap 20L as part of the 2018 Mass Build and after that going to build a Ballerina which will be powered by a nib OS Surpass 40. Keep up the excellent works gents and I Iook forward to seeing more inspiring models in 2018 and beyond on this Peter Miller build forum. I will post a couple pictures here and more in the future now that l’ve out from undercover. Peter you’ll have to excuse me for copying you covering schemes I’m just not very creative that way. Do note I gave due credit on the Oodallaly with “Designed by: Peter Miller”on left side of fusalage. - Greg

ae9c1757-3744-4aa6-8c9b-9be88a4b154d.jpeged8bf427-bc7a-4d69-b6f0-0d3419af9c1d.jpeg67462cac-4703-4363-85c1-3abd1d218ade.jpeg

Edited By Greg Cavey on 01/01/2018 23:57:53

• 2 weeks later...

Peter,

You are good. You must have noticed the number on the wing as your? I any case here are my replica pics. One noting the name of the famous designer. smiley

I saw your design school article. Good stuff. How many articles do we have to look forward to?

BTW: I have started my Cap20L for the 2018 Mass Build and will make a post on that page. As always, I appreciate any comments or help along the way,

Greg

100_0718.jpg

100_0722.jpg100_0721.jpg

Posted by Greg Cavey on 16/01/2018 02:35:05:

Peter,

You are good. You must have noticed the number on the wing as your? I any case here are my replica pics. One noting the name of the famous designer. smiley

I saw your design school article. Good stuff. How many articles do we have to look forward to?

BTW: I have started my Cap20L for the 2018 Mass Build and will make a post on that page. As always, I appreciate any comments or help along the way,

Greg

100_0718.jpg

100_0722.jpg100_0721.jpg

Hi Greg

Not just trhe number on the wing but the SMAE badge and the club badge.

• 2 weeks later...

Trevor,

Thanks for the note and suggestion on the U/C. That’s a sharp looking Ballerina. I have mine totallled kitted but am going to build it after I build a Cap20L as part of this years mass build where I have a post there. I learn so much from the fine builders on both Peter’s plan builders page and the mass build threads. Not so much on the construction proper but more on the details like the canopy and cockpit customization and covering schemes.

Keep up the nice work,

Greg