Wot 4 Squared

Do any of the parts in a Wot4 mk3 kit need replacing or are they all quality items ? While I am looking at the kits is there anything else I need to order in the way of parts. That deluxe kit is tempting with quality cowl and landing gear dont know

Advert

I used the Deluxe kit for mine (has Laser 80) . The undercarriage is very very durable glass fibre and cowl nice. U will still need to buy some clevises ( plastic ones are supplied) and hinges ( Mylar sheet is supplied) . And wheels I think. The 70 is a great match. My 80 is a bit OTT, but it still flies beautifully in almost any wind ...enjoy 😊

Currently building the mark 3 balsa kit, basic version, no engine mount in pack. Don't know about the deluxe kit. I built a unowot twenty years ago for my son and the instructions haven't changed only a couple of addendum sheets. Mr Foss could maybe Update the instructions for 2018, dense text and poor diagrams could be improved!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately the Wot 4 Pro has been crashed due to an elevator connector failure- subsequently ordered lots of connector locks. The wing is fine so I might build another fuselage for it at some point.

This one is looking decent though, needless to say this one would have survived the crash considerably better than the super light ARTF one

22.jpg

• 11 months later...

A fascinating series of posts - and thank you for the pictures of the Wot 4 Pro, Jakob.

I have just completed a rebuild of an old Wot 4 Mk2 for electric power, with a lighter fuselage. Intrigued to see the lighter tail section of the Pro, similar to what I built. I had wondered about making a built up wing for myself - I have never seen any foam wing Wot 4s, up until now. Looks good, might 'reverse engineer' one using an old foam wing as a rib template.

Have never seen the extended rudder you mention; also interesting. I agree closed loop can be awkward to set up in that narrow fuselage - it is my preference, which I was cursing last night when trying to reattach a sprung connector.

I am now wondering about my oldest Wot 4, from ~thirty years ago. Is it even a Mk2?

I have been tempted a few times to build a Twin Wot - two fuselages with a common centre section, on the style of the Twin Mustang. I thought that might be what a Wot 4 squared might be! Or maybe that's a Wot 8 ...

John B