7 meter ash 31 build

20180529_135812.jpgI have just started a ash 31 build it will be my 9th scratch build and will be my biggest build so far. I built a smaller ash 31 a while ago at 5 meters but wish I built it in 1/3 scale .started today with the foam plug.

Edited By Roo Hawkins on 29/05/2018 17:12:50

Hi Andy rich and Martyn. I have stopped using RCG for posting builds and now only use this forum and scalesoaring UK Forum although I have not posted this build yet. RCG I think has got a bit nasty with some of the posts. The ASH 31 has a very thin tail boom so has to have more carbon added so the plug is made a bit thinner there because of this.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi it is a homemade one. Made from one of them donut transform things that I got from maplin a few years ago. It is 25 v works directly to the bow. The bow is 49 in long and I can control the temp by moving the wires closer together. If you want more information give me a few days and I will let you know more plus picture. Dead simple to make and I have used it for years.

• 4 months later...

20181031_112203.jpg20181108_111424.jpgBuild as been restarted. Fuz is now glassed. carbon ud tape on the tail boom and 5 layers of 200gm glass on the rest . I will add more glass and carbon on the inside where needed

Edited By Roo Hawkins on 10/11/2018 09:21:30

Edited By Roo Hawkins on 10/11/2018 09:22:15

Edited By Roo Hawkins on 10/11/2018 09:25:33

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...