Ben Buckle Mini Super - Build

Advert

Quite right Steve! Had it up for the second time today and after a healthy prime it starts straight away! I am happy to report that the model flies nicely, it certainly has a lot of Poke with the Irvine.

Ray, thanks for the tip, I have noticed some quantities of black stuff flying out the exhaust. I will make some compression adjustments next time I fly it. Forgot to bring alan keys to adjust the compression as you may remember there are two grub screws that hold it in place.

Solly, it is a wonderful engine... It makes me wonder why people don't fly diesels any more. It starts easier than some of my glow engines and runs just as well. I haven't seen what price the 20 sells on for but I watched an Irvine 40 diesel go on eBay for £150+. I think i'll wear this one out rather than selling it. It's almost a collectors item with how rare it is!

Thank you everyone who contributed to this thread, when building other models sometimes I look on the internet for guidance. I wanted this thread to be a reference for anyone building the Mini Super to look at and see someone else's idea of how to construct it and then improve upon it. I'm glad it's checked of the list and with this turn of nice weather I hope it will have lots of miles put on it over the summer.

Thank you all,

Luccaaa