Sunderland Flying Boat

Advert

Hi Phil, the Sunderland will work off water as long as you make make the final finish water proof. there are books you can get with building tips in, but the best way is to build and learn , read building blogs on this site you will find lots of help if you ask. I learn somthing new every week. Fred.

• 2 weeks later...
Fred, Excellent work on your Sunderland. I to am build this model, mine is not to far off the start of covering now. Mine is powered by 2 x OS15FP's and 2 x OS10LA's and has flaps. My build thread is on RCUniverse in the Seaplane section if your interested.

I just wanted to know what the AUW including batteries is for your model and what it flies like if you have actually flown it yet. Do you intend to fly your model off water? I belong to the BWA and we fly most months off water @ Northampton. I have both a Catalina and Canadair also.

I was also intrigued as to how you achieved the paint on the canopy, is it painted on the inside or outside, what did you use to mask the canopy before you sparayed it?

Best regards,

Scott. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Tested the motors for the first time in the aircraft, it was very cold last night monday 11.5.09 so only ran the motors. on a warmer day we will do th CG and find the fixing points for the batteries. Very pleased that it all worked after building all the wires in the wings