Snap Dragon

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

With the wings 90% complete I couldn't resist putting it all together.

20190216_113703.jpg

20190216_113733.jpg

20190216_113636.jpg

Wings have been stretched to just under 70" with the dihedral being reduced by half, full length ailerons have been attached but 'm contemplating splitting them and adding flaps. As it stands, without any clothing on and the motor fitted it weighs around the 1400 g mark (3lbs ish) so I am guessing 4 -5lbs AUW.

I'm hoping tomorrow will be ok outside so I can get to sand it all.

Rich

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Richard,

Just in the throws of building your little Snap dragon from RCME plan... Lovely little build, It is going to be remembered as my work build that I built during my redundancy period! Quick Question though, what size spinner did you use?, I have just carved me cowl today, and looking at a spinner diameter of 35mm!..

thanks

tom

• 4 months later...

We had a gent turn up at our autogyro fly-in who had brought along his Snap Dragon to show me, it was a bit windy to fly it as we were getting gusts of nearly 30mph. He is going to let me know how it goes, here are a few photos I took of his immaculate example, I like the way he did his canopy. I may borrow his scheme when I get back on my larger version.

img_8760.jpg

img_8763.jpg

img_8764.jpg

img_8765.jpg