Hello from Lincolnshire

Shaun Roberts

Just a quick thread to say Hi!

I'm Shaun from Grimsby and making my way back into RC flying after a break of 15 years.

I used to be a regular flyer up at Ravendale (Mentioned because who knows there maybe some old members on here ) up until the age of about 17 when women started to come into my life and take up all my time instead of model aircraft :s

Now got an 8 year old lad of my own and would like to show him how fun this hobby is and make happy memories with him like i did with my Dad.

Just bought a SLEC electric fun fly which im going to build over the winter. I used to have the foam wing version when i was kid and loved every minute of flying it.....until i piled it into the ground ;(

Also got a home designed and made trainer which i plan to resurect and use to blow off the cobwebs.

Great forum.....Ive already poached a few ideas for motors and ESCs etc ........By hell things have moved on in 15years!! Im still in the days of crystals!!

Cheers,

Shaun

Advert

Welcome back Shaun. I think you and your lad will have a lot of fun with the hobby. The radio is super reliable, electric flight is very convenient and clean, foamy RTFs are quick to get into the air and nimble. Traditional balsa builds are having a minor revival(?) What's not to like - you have so much choice! wink 2

Posted by Devcon1 on 01/10/2018 22:00:08:

Welcome also.

I'm a Grimsby boy as well, but don't mention football, cut my teeth with GADMAC flying on the site beyond the Crem and just over the old railway line.

Have fun.

Hi,

Yes that's where me and dad used to fly Peaks tunnel. Would have been around 1994 i'd guess??

Thanks for the welcome guys. Really excited and looking forward to get back into the hobby

Cheers,

Shaun.

I was flying there in the 70s when the Club met in RAOB room near Freeman Street.

I remember a couple of us standing on the railway by the bridge and flying along the line under the bridge, a tight low turn and return under the bridge.

Must point out the railway was disused and it was in my yoof.😁

Where does the club fly now.