Drop tanks for a Mig 15?

Den Moran

Hi, everybody! I bought an Exceed Mig 15 at Much Marcle second-hand. Its an absolute delight to fly, and I'm well-pleased with it.

However, I've tried sourcing spare drop tanks for it .Yes, they are available in the US for $2.50 - about £2.00 . Add 'International' postage of £ 45, yes, £45!!!! (a 'morphed' nitroplanes site in Europe adds the US AND EU postage - grand total delivered to your door -119 euros!).

Small wonder the Chinese are fast becoming THE global superpower, with their freepost system. My mate tells me they just have 'heavies' lined up, and when one is full, off to anywhere in the world it goes!

Anyway, has anyone a spare set, or similar for another make, the 70mm edf ones are all about the same size,, including the HK ones (true to form,HK no longer sell their highly successful Mig, or spares either!), which I can buy from them please?

Failing that can anyone suggest a good method of making a pair? Thanks, Den, South Wales

Advert

That's really kind of you, Andy!

How about if I give it a few days,to see if anyone has pair, or knows where to source them, and if nothing turns up, I'll get back to you,ok? Thanks very much, and be sure I'll let you know the outcome.

Just for interest's sake, what would you need for your printer? A 3D drawing? I've seen one working, and one of the members at Meidrim club near Carmarthen had a trim little Spitfire that flew well! thanks, Den

Hi,Andy!

I've got a pair of droptanks for the Mig 15!. I checked again with Motion RC, and, out of the corner of my eye, noticed an advert for their opening in Europe. Out of curiosity, and chasing another item for sale with them ,when I clicked 'go to cart' they had included a pair of droptanks! They were treated as a EU item, so no customs payment, just a small US tax at source, and slightly more postage than UK internal. So I'm well pleased - result!

Thank you once again for your kind offer, it was re-assuring to know that an offer of help was at hand. Happy flying, Cheers, Den.