Telemetry and DX9 Black Edition

I have been using a DX8 for some time that will work on DSM2 and DSMX.

I have a couple of Orange Rx with telemetry (DSM2/DSMX) which work fine.

I recently purchased a DX9 (Black Edition) knowing that it only worked on DSMX. Both the Orange Rx's work fine on DSMX, however, no telemetry! A club pal has also found the same.

I was wondering if any one else has found this or, perhaps we are doing something wrong so's not to enable the telemetry.?

Advert

I have an early DSM2/DSMX DX9. It binds fine to the Orange telemetry receivers.. With these units, if you want to disable the telemetry function, you bind with a 2 bind plugs, one in the bind socket, and one in the throttle socket. To tell you you are in this mode, both the red and orange receiver lights flash together. So you have to try to lose telemetry.

Not sure I understand what you mean Don Fry. Are you saying I have to lose the telemetry on the Orange Rx's before they will bind and be readable on the DX9? I do not want to disable the telemetry, I want to use it on the DX9 - currently I have left things as they are on the DX8 which works fine.

Don, Don replying. Your last sentence in you original post is, "are we doing something wrong". I told you what you have to do to work the telemetry Orange receivers without telemetry. It's hard, and deliberate to make them not carry out their telemetry function, and not something you can do accidentally.

I am puzzled why you have a problem, as these receivers are a new design. I would have thought the things would be more likely to have problems with older units like mine.