Majestic Major (electric) build.

Advert

Disc sanders are tremendously useful bits of kit for scratchbuilders. I never realised just how much until I bought one.

An adjustable fence doubles it's value, easily.

They make cutting accurate ends to your wood very easy.

Making square ply formers becomes easy. Making splice joins on strip wood is child's play. Knocking down lumps of block for cowls, piece of cake. Making circular decks, from three thick slabs with 60 deg edges, simple. The list goes on...

Yeah, but, those Kavan ones look good...

I've bought from Conrad electrical before, they sell via Amazon, which is handy if you have accumulated some Amazon vouchers. At the time they were one of the cheapest suppliers I could see for a Spektrum RX. Certainly the cheapest genuine supplier that I could trust on Amazon; they are listed Spektrum agents.

David, re your half oz.

If you make your brass sleeve say 5 mm longer than the axle, drill the brass for a split pin, then you can retain the washers/wheels with the split pin, or a bit of soft wire works as well. Saving most of your half ounce by making the collets redundant. And your wheels don't fall off.

Not my idea, I think Flair made it common.

Those Kavan wheels look nice. How much? Don't have to answer, but I too will soon have the same need, and my patch surface is really abrasive.

Here's a photo of a DVII.

img_0504.jpg

Edited By Don Fry on 07/11/2018 12:57:31

'If you make your brass sleeve say 5 mm longer than the axle, drill the brass for a split pin, then you can retain the washers/wheels with the split pin'

Brass tube soldered to the axle on the inside?

Or, retained with collet, with screw going through hole in brass tube to clamp on axle?

Nigel, the order of assembly is washer, hole size as axle, followed by brass tube, which holds washer square. And both are soldered to axle. This arrangement acts as an inner stop for the wheel. The hole in the brass tube is distances from the stop washer by the width of the wheel plus thickness of an iner and outer thrust washer. The pin secures the outer thrust washer in place

img_0505.jpg

Edited By Don Fry on 07/11/2018 15:19:00