Which Set Should I buy

Stearman65

Advert

Stearman, it matters not what brand or type of 2,4 GHz Rx you are using. They all have the same radio transmission features. Any 2.4 GHz Rx fitted with 2 aerials will require them to be spaced at 90 deg (orthogonal) to each other. All I can say is that the diagram to which I've pointed you, and to which Ron has commented on above, works for ANY 2.4 GHz Rx with 2 aerials.

Some sets with the secondary Rx also had 2 aerials and the same applies to them.

The analogy with 35 MHz is that you don't leave the aerial coiled up next to the RX regardless of which make or type of Rx it is.

Hope that helps.

HERE is a document that can be found on the Multiplex website. Now, I know that it is in German, and it is from a different brand of RC gear, but as Peter has said the same rules apply. The interesting bit for you may be the pictures at the bottom of the page. What they show is the sensitivity of the Rx aerials, which is a donut shape around the aerials. Equally, the strength of the Tx signal is shaped the same way.

The recommendation for the Tx is to direct the aerial horizontally sideways, in which case the signal strength is strongest directly in front of you, at any angular elevation. (assuming you are moving your Tx around to follow the aircraft, FPV flyers hold their Tx stationary, and will have to use a different strategy). For the Rx, the best reception will be dependant on the attitude of the aircraft, but you can work out that your best chances are indeed to mount dual aerials horizontally, at 90 degrees from each other. The worst situation will then be that each aerial is at 45 degrees to the Tx aerial, which will still give a reasonable signal.

For a single aerial, your best bet is to point it straight up, the worst case then is looking at the top or the bottom of your airplane, which is normally not a sustained attitude.

Edited By Max Z on 22/02/2019 14:40:41