What composite E Glider 2018

Hi electric thermalling guys.

I enjoy casual gliding and thermalling with my foamies (P2000 V2 and ASW 28 V2) I mainly launch off a slope or sometimes off a cliff, and use the motor more as a "rescue" or to gain some height, for more thermalling.

My flying location has quite a few thorny brambles in the landing area

I am "just wondering" at this stage about the possibility of aspiring/ upgrading to a less heavy and more slipstreamed higher performace model type. Yes, I hear your comments, "haven't we all"!!! I don't want to break the bank, BUT what are the current options??? I am looking at minimum 2.000m and less than 3.000m because the eyes are not quite what they used to be. I'm not looking to be hot linering, but rather to be taking it easy hunting the thermals.

Covered balsa frames are lighter for sure, but the film won't last long in the thorns, so what next? Carbon fibre is probably a cost step too far. Glassed wings? Obichie covered foam? I don't want to Build, but rather buy off the shelf almost ready to fly, if possible. What advice can you offer please. I'm in S East England on the Chilterns.

Go With the Flow

Bruce

Advert

Thanks Steve for your response, and suggested browsing.

I did do some other scratching around as well, and now have a clearer idea of the options.

Currently considering the 2.5 meter Geronimo £460. plus bits and pieces.

Need to discuss budget with "senior management"

It seems a nice size, and light weight for the slope side and thermal hunting, which is my primary objective.

Lots to explore and read the reviews.

Go With the Flow

Bruce

My club now runs 10 E-slot comps per year from a flat field. These are usually well attended and great fun. Got fed up with being an also ran using my own built up model so managed to get a used 2.5m Organic glider which I converted to electric. Must be good because I have run up three perfect scores of 4200 so far (1000 for the slot winner and any other 10 min. max ones plus 50 for a centre spot landing bonus. Don`t know if these are still available but the Bingo uses the same wing and has loads more space inside. Film covered though.