Retired, Returned, Looking for a club near Telford

Dunkelmann

Having recently retired to Telford I am about to return to model flying. I can fly but have no certification. I have looked at the BMFA affiliated clubs near me but two have no websites or have out of date details: Sherrifhales Private Members Club and Newport and District Model Flying Club.

Do they still exist? If not, any recommendations (e.g. Telford Model Aircraft Club, West Midlands Model Flying Club)?

I am a foamie electric flyer. Parkzone T38, AXN Floaterjet, BMI Arrow, and yet to fly Durafly Slowpoke.

Advert

I am a member of the Sherrifhales club, the club is located just off the A5 at Sherrifhales we have a large portacabin with basic cooking facilities,there is a large well maintained patch that we fly off, and there is a very active "retired" membership most Tues. or Thurs. you will find a good turn out of older members,members fly all types of model with electric being the most popular, if you want to give it a try turn up any time (we are a 7 day flying club) you will be made most welcome.

Thanks all. I checked out TMAC's site. It was fine but I dislike flying facing the sun so...

Sheriffhales PMC is closer and more convenient so I will try to get there on a Tuesday or Thursday but of course the weather will be the determining factor. I would much prefer something on line where I could find out its fees, rules etc.

I will also look at West Midlands Model Flying Club, since it is a little further on. Can I ask if its fees at £75 are typical?

Cheers again.

• 5 months later...

I joined Sherrifhales, which is 10 minutes away. However it is surrounded by chest high rape plants at this time of year, making it difficult for me to land. I may join another, just to avoid the plants - no other reason as I have been made very welcome and can fly solo without having to get a B certificate. I think there is one at Shifnal but I have no idea where or how to contact them.

I looked at West Midlands but my car would never survive the very long farm track for long and it is a bit far away. I may try the Telford club since it is at least a tarmac road although single track.

Edited By Dunkelmann on 14/05/2019 19:24:01