JR DSX9

Gary Murphy 1

Advert

JR are still trading but MacGregor don't seem to be interested in stocking anything in the UK other than a few receivers.

The only thing required to make a stick spring centrering is a spring! You also need to remove the ratchet from the appropriate stick. There is no separate mechanism.

Contact Mike Ridley of "Model Radio Workshop" who will probably be able to help with the spring.

Posted by jrman on 20/01/2019 23:22:12:

JR are still trading but MacGregor don't seem to be interested in stocking anything in the UK other than a few receivers.

Not sure where you got this from or when they started trading again, they went bust and passed all the IP to Jr America but as far as I am aware they have been unable to start trading again due to law suits. Please let's be knowing when they started again

From what I understand, JR as such, no longer exist. But all the rights to the designs and electronics plus tooling were acquired by another Japanese hobby company who have restarted production. However, the R&D area has gone, so its just manufacturing what was available when they went under. I'm not aware of any plans to start importing again, but there is no reason why I would be!

I believe the same is true of the heli-division. Forza parts are available again, but not much else. I have no idea what MacGregor's plans are for support.

All this is scraped from the net, and I can't vouch for its accuracy, but I have heard the same from more than one source....

To be honest, with all the competition from the likes of FrSky, its difficult to see how a "premium" manufacturer could survive. I suspect Futaba are only still with us because they are a very small division of a very large company that can afford to support them.

--

Pete

JR Americas did not obtain the IP nor the name of JR. The name,IP, designs and some of the engineers were obtained by Konishi Mokei who trade under the name of RC Depot and had worked with JR for the last ten years in providing distribution and repair/servicing in Japan.The Malaysian based factory that manufactured JR is still operating and new products (TX,RX and servos) are being developed and manufactured. JR products are being exported to the US, Australia , China. It's only the UK and Europe that seem to be lagging behind. If MacGregor haven't got it in stock you can buy from RC Depot online e-Bay

MacGregor have still been buying some stuff from relaunched JR. Its like the old days before everyone expected to surf their phone on the toilet and find everything listed...its not.

Try contacting them, even use the phone option on your gizmo, lots of information is available from old fashioned speaking. Sure the days of them stocking things went with the original company, the discounts went with that too, for years the UK was the cheapest place to buy JR, I'd sell it into Europe at full rrp and get asked how I sold it so cheap!!