Vintage Antic r

a3.jpgl1.jpga5.jpga4.jpgI was recently made an offer of being able to buy a vintage Proctor Antic. This aircraft has been on my wish list for many years, the first time I saw one was when I was still in school and one of the main men in the club had a Antic Bipe.

This was a large complex aircraft that had lots of pieces in the construction. Later I saw a monoplane which was more like a Bleriot which had an 80inch wingspan. The builder was not very complementary about its flying qualities but he was not the best pilot so I am not sure how bad the plane was.

My Antic is the Monoplane and is equiped with floats. From the notes I got with the plane it was started on the 17/06/1982 and first flown on 27/08/1985 on wheels and floats on 28/01/1986 off water. The original power plant was a HP 40 and was later upgraded to a Laser 75 which came with the airframe.

The airframe needs a good clean but is still in good condition. Strange to see the radio installation as servos were large and no long extension leads used at the time the kit was made in the early 70's. I will be flying as is and will only change the clevises to new metal ones. I see that this kit is still being made today by Proctor and blogs are still being updated today so this is a bit of a cult following. The aircraft has not flown for many years and the engine has been stored with lots of oil in it. Johannesburg is very kind to metal as we have little problems with rust so the engine is in very good condition and should be able to run after a good flush and clean.a2.jpg

Advert