Kyosho FW190 50 size

Dusty

Advert

Gave my cockpit a makeover. Not for you scale enthusiastes but it does make an empty cockpit a little more interesting.
A guy from another forum posted a jpeg of the cockpit details. I Printed it from the computer, cut to shape and stuck with double sided tape.

That looks really good, although is that a midget in the cockpit ?

I got some pictures of mine flying today.

I have been having problems with the rertracts, one of the push rods broke on me the over day. These pics today have made it clear what is happening. The left hand sprung wheel cover is getting blown shut by the prop wash, and then the wheel is jamming against it. On the flight these pics where taken on it killed the retract servo and drained the seperate retrcat batttery pack down. They just worked to get the gear down to land The sprung doors are coming off ! even if they look good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I am using the stock mechs and the legs were made by a mate.
The springs absorb the impacts nicely
Sorry about the added vids. I was experimenting with embedding and now I dont know how to get rid of them

Edited By paul@scc on 02/10/2009 22:39:24

Edited By paul@scc on 02/10/2009 22:41:42

Edited By paul@scc on 02/10/2009 22:42:29

DW. I have not noticed any probs with the FW. I've not flown the Kyosho Spit so I cannot make a direct comparison. What I can say is, the 190 is a dream to fly.

Shaun, that is the CMPro. A nice bit of kit but my mate did a lot of work on the retracts do get them looking more scale.

I used triangular stock to reinforce the joints around the fire wall (inside and out) and ran some epoxy over the joints on the inside

I think a lot of the problems are with people putting larger engines in ei 0.70+ do get more performance or scale props. These are very light kits. I have seen a couple on RCU with 90FS in them