Supermarine Swift: All sheet pusher prop.

Afternoon all. I blame Tony Nijuis and Nigel Hawes for this. I've always wanted a small pusher Swift, having very much enjoyed Nigels Hunter back in the day and eventually decided that if it was going to happen then I was going to have to do it myself - it's not a particularly popular subject and there are plenty more out there for others to design ( and I am keenly awaiting TN's Phantom and possible Jet Provost, as well as having his Lightning on my To build List)

Anyway, off I went and found a 4 view, blew it up to 25inch wingspan and 31 and change long for all sheet construction with a pusher on the back.

I am keeping the surfaces and proportions scale with the largest departure being a hand launch rail along the bottom near the CG.

wing will be 3/8 sheet, the rest a mix of sizes with triangular stock to allow for a lot of planing and sanding. Power a 3s pack and similar but slightly more powerful to the set up in the TN lightning.

I need to go off and do some more poking at batteries, motors and props, and work out weights/loadings. 

here are a couple of the very preliminary sketches, done straight over the three views.

img_20190325_104343.jpg

img_20190328_102550.jpg

Edited By Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 28/03/2019 11:22:37

Advert