Amber with a frog in her throat

I am running open Tx 2.2.3 no heli multimodule and the Amber sounds 2.2.3 on a Taranis X9D.(not plus) The initial greeting and switch warning is fine but the Amber sounds and telemetry warnings sound like a "Darlek" and are very slow. I have reloaded the SD card and the firmware to no avail. I have also checked inside the Transmitter for any lose wires. Does anyone have any ideas what to do next? Thanks David

Advert

Posted by Denis Watkins on 01/04/2019 16:08:55:

Don't dismiss the SD card idea as some SD cards are slow. The label gives speed rating

WAV files are uncompressed lossless audio and as such can take up quite a bit of space, coming in around 10 MB per minute with a maximum file size of 4 GB

I, and I suspect many on this forum, are on OpenTX 2.2.3, and my Amber sounds sound normal to my ears. So 2.2.3 per se is not the problem though, of course, there's no discounting some quirk in your particular installation.

Since I updated from 2.1.9 and installed the new 2.2.x sound pack my 'Welcome to OpenTX' sounds a bit too fast, and other standard messages such as timer countdown are in a different voice from before, but all my Ambers seem to be unchanged,

I have poured cough mixture into my Taranis and Amber has lost her Dakek speach. Seriously though I had the odd speach with my Fun Cub selected,I moved to my Acrowat and the speach improved .I went back to the Fun cub and all is now fine. I am at a loss to know what was wrong but it seems to have righted itself! Thanks to all who offered suggestions as to the cause of the problem. David