DX6i labelled DSMX only works with DSM2 rx - IS this correct?

Thomas Gooderham

HI

Quick Question, Are all DX6i's DSM2 and DSMX compatible? I have just got a replacement DX6i which has only the DSMX logo on, I seem to remember a debate somewhere about there being two versions of the DX6i, one which only did DSM2, and one that did both DSM2 and DSMX compatibility. - IS this true?, Is it possible to bind and have a working Orange RX R610V2 lite RX work with a DX6i labelled up as DSMX (Where the R610v2 is listed as DSM2 only)?

Its bound and all controls operate as I would expect!?

this is being installed in a small park flyer that I have built, (RCME Snap Dragon)

Advert

Not quite

The original DX6i was DSM2 only

Then they brought out a version compatible with both DSM2 and DSMX. The selection was automatic but it could be configured for "DSM2 only" in the Set Up menu..

Finally after DSM2 was banned in the EU there was a DSMX only version before it was replaced by the new DX6.

Posted by Simon Chaddock on 24/04/2019 20:47:20:

... after DSM2 was banned in the EU

This is a widespread misunderstanding. DSM2 isnt banned in the EU, its just a protocol and at 10mw eirp complies fully with EN300328 - by simply reducing the output to 10mw when DSM2 is selected, Spekky could have accommodated all the existing DSM2 indoor and Park-fly BNF enthusiasts on new EU trannies, rather than forcing them to buy DSMX BNF's. Of course this would limit its use but would have been perfectly adequate for the small BNF park/indoor users or model boaters

Cheers
Phil